Winter Downhill Fat Biking is CLOSED for the 2015/16 Season.
We thank everyone for their support and patronage as Spirit Mountain does its part to help lead the way in the integration of Life-Served, Downhill Winter Fat Biking in the snow-sports industry! We are pumped to be part of the outdoor recreation mecca here in Duluth, and invite you to join us for our Mountain Bike Summer Season which typically gets underway around Memorial Day Weekend.
Also, save some big dollars by purchasing your deeply-discounted mountain bike summer & winter season passes by April 4, 2016 for the best deal of the year! CLICK HERE
We are excited to announce Lift Served, Downhill Winter Fat Biking!
Every Sunday from 10am-4pm
The Frosted Fatty Weekend – March 19 & 20
Join us for our 2nd Annual Winter Downhill Fat Bike Race, The Frosted Fatty presented by Frost River, on Saturday, March 19. We will also have a special Sunday Fat Bike Sesh on Sunday the 20th with many of our supporting sponsors. Proceeds from the weekend go towards construction costs of the All-Weather-Trail here in Duluth! Details HERE
Update 3/6/16 @ 1:30pm: Spring has Sprung here today….started out with 25 degrees around 6am and we’re now at 52! The day began with CandyLand & Calculated as part of the mix, but those two trails simply do not have the snow-pack to withstand the moderate temps and are entirely too soft to ride. It’s a fabulous, sunny day here in Duluth and we will finish it out with our Fat Biking Sesh over on our slopes of Timber Cruiser and our newly integrated-slope of Juggler Joe.
Update 2/29/16 at 10:30am: Our best SESH yet!! Thanks to the early-week efforts from our Bike Park Crew along with some timely weather-cooperation from Ma Nature, the bike trails were in absolutely PRIME condition yesterday!! We were able to not only able to roll with CandyLand & Calculated, but Happy Camper & Wrecking Ball debuted as well….add in Timber Cruiser….well, it was easily our best day yet for our Downhill, Lift-Served Winter Fat Bike operations!!
Looking ahead to next Sunday, March 6, conditions again are looking stellar and our ticket sales are on the move….purchase on-line here so you don’t get left out of the good times! ON-LINE for $39
Still looking for SNOW PACKERS! We are looking for a few good guys & gals whom are interested in snowshoeing on the bike trails to assist in keeping the conditions packed & primed. Volunteer opportunities with some special perks, so make plans now to come on out to Spirit for some quality outdoor recreation and to help keep the winter bike trails in good shape.
- Details: Every Thursday from 12pm-7pm. Park at the Grand Ave Chalet, and we will transport you to the top of the trails. Please dress accordingly and a head lamp is recommended for the later hours. At this time, you will be on Happy Camper and/or Candyland. We will provide transport to the top until 6:45pm.
- Snowshoeing is allowed all other days (except Sunday). Transportation to the top might not be available. You can access Candyland at the Adventure Park to snowshoe down and return trail of Happy Camper back to the top. Look for the green ribbon marking the trails.
Please visit our Snow Report for additional information, and check out these SWEET videos from our inaugural session last weekend!!
- Minimum tire width 3.5″
- Helmet Required
- Brakes for each wheel are required
- A seat/seat post & overall bike inspection is required prior to allowing bike on chairlift
- All parking, ticket purchases & redemptions, and bike inspections happen out of our Grand Avenue Chalet located at 8551 Grand Ave Duluth, MN. Please note: due to winter snow tubing operations, mountain bike parking and access to trails is not available from our Adventure Park.
- Must abide by Bike Responsibility Code & Trail Code
- Terrain open will vary during the season based upon snow pack, conditions, etc. Visit out snow report for updates.
- Planned open trails are Juggler Joe as well as Mountain Bike trails of Candy Land, Happy Camper & Lower Calculated Risk
- Bike Sales at Ski Hut & Continental
- Bike Rentals available at Continental
- Reserve your ticket now by purchasing ON-LINE for $39–spots are limited per day!
- On-line ticket sales end when maximum quantity is reached or 24 hours before session begins; which ever comes first.
- Walk Up tickets at $48 will be based on availability
- A valid 15/16 winter season pass provides access as well
- If you have ordered a 2016 Mountain Bike Pass, these are valid too. You can receive your daily ticket at the Grand Ave Ticket Sales area (season passes are not ready for pick up at this time)
Read All About It