March 4th - 5th 2017
@ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Frosted Fatty Weekend - 2017
March 4 & 5, 2017
In this second year of winter downhill fat bike racing at Spirit Mountain, the Frosted Fatty is growing even “fatter” this year. The Fat Bike celebration at the regions only lift-access fat bike ski area will morph into a two-day Bike Festival. Plans are to expand with additional bike demos, family and youth activities, food & beverage tastings and music. The traditional staged downhill race format will continue and a cross country race will be added to give all fat biker enthusiasts an opportunity to reign atop the Frosted Fatty! Stay tuned for additional updated and information. Male and female categories.
Just Added: Silent Auction on Saturday in the Moosehead Saloon! Featuring donations and items from Salsa, Surly, Frost River, Wild Tickets, Spirit Mountain Season Pass, Private Dinner Parties, Groomer for the Day Package, and much much more!
Featuring over $5000 in CASH and PRIZES!
Frosted Fatty Weekend Schedule:
- Welcome Social & Early Registration/Check In 6pm-8pm on Friday in Moosehead Saloon, Skyline Chalet
- Watch Brody O Band play live from 6pm-9pm at Registration in the Moosehead Saloon
Saturday - March 4, 2017
- Registration & Check In - 7:30am at Nordic Center/Campground until 9am
- Cross Country Race - starts at9am
- Down Hill Race - practice at12pm with race at1pm. Registration 10:30am-1pminMoosehead Saloon
- 2 stages will be raced that will challenge the experts but remain accessible for intermediate riders
- The respective stages will be Timber Cruiser and Juggler Joe
- Head to Head Slalom Race - time to be determined but planning around 6pm under the lights! Winner takes all, $500 CASH! We are pairing up skiers, snowboarders & bikers for a winner takes all event! Registration at 4:30pm in Spirit Mountain pop up tent
- Loose in the Moose After Party featuring live music and Good Times! - Moosehead Saloon in Main Chalet.
Sunday - March 5, 2017
- Tour Duluth - guided tour of Duluth Traverse (weather & trail condition, permitting)
- Spirit Mountain Fat Bike Sunday - join us for our Down Hill, Lift Served Fat Biking. Utilizing our mountain bike trails as well as our integrated ski slopes. Discounted ticket available for Sunday for all Frosted Fatty participants of $25
- Fat Bike Sunday is open to the General Public as normal
Pre-Registration Information: Deadline February 24, 2017 - add $10 per race after pre-registration deadline
- Cross Country Race Only = $49
- Down Hill Race Only = $39
- Both Races = $75
- Slalom Race = $10 for any participant in any race
Lodging: Stay at one of our Exclusive Lodging Partners to receive special room rates. Details
Welcome to our latest sponsor: